Saturday, November 8, 2008

San Fransisco

I had a work convention in San Fransisco over Halloween. Jim and I left Thursday evening to go stay at his sisters house in Salt Lake. On the way to her house I got call from my mom telling me that my brother was in the hospital with a really bad blood clot. She said it was very serious, and he would have to have emergency surgery. So as you can imagine, I was second guessing my trip. She told me to continue with my plans, that there was nothing I could do, but pray for him. So we continued to Salt Lake. We got to his sisters house that evening. We went outside and loaded our car the next morning to head to the airport, and as I was getting in on the passenger side I saw that the back window has been busted out. Again, I was thinking "are we not suppose to go on this trip"? It was so aggravating. We called the police and filed a report, switched our luggage over to his sisters car, and headed to the airport. We got to the airport 30 min. before our flight left. We ran through the airport, to find out our flight had been delayed 2 hours. To say the least, it was a long morning.

We finally arrived in S.F. around 1pm Friday. Jim had a terrible sinus infection, so as soon as we got to the hotel and he went to bed. My conference was really good. It rained all day Saturday, so we didn't do any sight seeing. So Sunday we got up and headed to pier 39. It was really cool. From the pier you could see Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, and the Bay. It was so pretty. While we were at the pier we walked by the marina, and there were hundreds of Sea Lions. I'd never seen anything like it. They were so loud and they stunk really bad. I got to eat Sea food while we were at the pier. I love sea food, so that's all I wanted to do while I was there. It was really good!!

It was then time to head home. We have a very smooth trip home. No problems. We had a wonderful trip, but it's always nice to come home. Here are a few pictures of our trip.

Alcatraz Island. It was right off Pier 39.

This is a pictures from the street entering Pier 39. There were so many Restaurants, gift shops, candy stores, etc. there. It was by far the coolest pier!
Yes, those are Sea Lions. They would fight each other to be up on the planks. It was so funny to watch. One would finally me it up on the wood, and then they would bully him and push him back in the water.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I love San Francisco!!! It is probably one of my favorite places that I have been....except Hawaii! Even though I have been to San Francisco 6 or 7 times, it never gets old to me. I am glad you had fun there.