Thursday, November 13, 2008

Another Year Older

So, I just had my 28th birthday on November 7th. It's funny, I don't know what I expect as I get older. I guess I think I'll wake up on that day, and finally feel like an adult. Whatever that feels like. I don't know how your suppose to feel as you get older, but I still feel young. Well, I am young, but I'm not looking forward to the day when I do wake up and feel old. This is a big year for me and Jim, not only did I turn 28, but we will celebrate our 10 year anniversary in December. I can't believe we've been married 10 years. They have been both wonderful, and some of the hardest years of my life.

This year finds us at a good time in our marriage. I feel like we finally communicate well with each other. He did bring me a dozen roses for my birthday, so that's huge progress for him. He struggles with the whole flower thing, so I thought that was awesome.

We went to dinner with a few of our friends for my birthday. It was wonderful. I love going out and spending time with friends that really get you, and you can feel completely comfortable around. It's great to have friends. Dinner was really good. We were suppose to go to Tacanos, but when we got there at 5:30, they said they had a 2 hour wait. I was so bummed. I'd looked forward to that all day. We ended up going to P.F. Changs. Another of my favorites. After dinner we went and saw Eagle Eye. That was a really good movie. The guys didn't really like it. I decided that guys think way to much about movies. So much that they ruin it for them. Oh well, I thought it was great.

All in all, it's been a wonderful year. I've learned alot about myself, my family, and my husband. I had a wonderful birthday, and look forward to many, many more!! Thanks to all of you that celebrated with me!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy belated Birthday katy!! Your family is so cute! I just LOVE your girls!!!

Auger Family said...

It was a fun birthday~! We will have to do tucanos soon! :)